Support The Arts
HOW IS MONEY USED ?
The PSUSD is the sole funder of the MTU educational program (daily Conservatory classes) and supports the MainStage productions and affiliated costs. The PSUSD Foundation raises monies to afford the MTU students additional funding to further provide them the most professional-level, cutting edge educational and performance opportunities available to high school students in the nation and are used to fund the following and more:
• Rental of Broadway and national Tour Sets for MTU Productions.
• Celebrated Guest Artist Performers Honoraria and Travel Expenses
• Professional Orchestras for MTU Productions
• Lighting, Sound and Staging Elements for Off-Campus MTU Productions
• Costumes, Props and Scenic Elements For Specialty Productions including Dinner Theaters and Television Productions
• Video Crew and Editors For Television Productions and Feature Film Projects
• Scholarships For Student Travel For New York intensives and out=of-area performance and Educational Experiences
• Professional Musical Arrangements, Orchestrations And Orchestral Trax
WHAT IS THE FOUNDATION FOR PALM SPRINGS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT ?
As the nonprofit for the Palm Springs Unified School District, the Foundation builds public-private partnerships to strengthen our schools and create opportunities for students to achieve.
The Foundation’s vision is to mobilize individual investors, businesses, teachers, parents, and community leaders to ensure the success of all our students. By tapping into passion and power, we unite our community members and join forces to fulfill the promise of public education and prepare every student for success.
The Foundation’s first program awarded mini-grants to classroom teachers. Today, we operate initiatives at any given time, ranging from small grants programs to large-scale school improvement initiatives, all aimed at increasing student achievement and enabling academic excellence.
The Foundation Contact Information
Ellen Goodman, Foundation Director